The Philippine Federation of Chemistry Societies recognizes outstanding contributions to Chemistry through the PFCS Outstanding Achievement Awards. The awards aim to:
- Inspire the youth to take up chemistry
- Recognize outstanding contribution of chemists to development of discipline
- Recognize outstanding and exemplary contributions to society through chemistry
The PFCS Outstanding Achievement Awards is given under four categories:
- Chemistry Education
- Chemical Research
- Chemical Industry
- Service to the Chemistry Profession
Separate awards will be given for chemistry educators at the secondary and tertiary levels. Thus, nominations are invited from high school and college level chemistry teachers. The criteria for the nominee in each level are:
- Nominees must have at least three years of teaching experience at the institution.
- Nominees must have made an outstanding contribution to the teaching of chemistry such as the development of innovative approaches/tools to the teaching of chemistry researches in chemistry education and development of teaching materials. Please attach supporting documents.
- Nominations may be made by a school/university official or by a regular member of any of the chemical societies under the Philippine Federation of Chemistry Societies (PFCS).
- Nominations must be endorsed by the school/principal department chair or by an officer of the regional chapter of one of the chemistry societies under the PFCS.
- The nominee must be a chemist who has conducted chemical research in the Philippines or must have contributed to chemical research through linkages with a Philippine researcher.
- The nominees must have made significant contributions to his/her field as evidenced by any of the following: 1) papers published in the last five years, 2) research mentorship
- as measured by the number of theses advisees (B.S., M.S., and Ph.D.) and trainees supervised in the last five years. Please attach supporting documents including proof of completion of the project supervised.
- Nominations must be made by the department chair/head of institution/ or by a regular member of any of the chemical societies under the PFCS. The nomination must make a statement of the significance of the work done.
- The nominee must be a chemist who has made a contribution to the chemistry related aspects of an industry in the Philippines through leadership, entrepreneurship, R&D management, process development and other means. Please attach supporting documents.
- Nominations must be made by the head of the institution or by a regular member of one of the chemistry societies under the Philippine Federation of Chemistry Societies. The nomination must state the significance and impact of the nominee’s contributions to the industry.
Service to the Chemistry Profession
This is a special award to recognize individuals (not necessarily chemists) who have made outstanding contributions to the upliftment of chemistry in the Philippines through leadership advocacy and exemplary work.
Guidelines for Nomination
The following are excluded from the nominations: members of the PFCS board, members of the PFCS Awards Committee and the members of the National Organizing Committee and the Steering Committee for the 35th Philippine Chemistry Congress (PCC).
The nomination will be evaluated by the PFCS Awards Committee which may consult experts as needed.
Prepare the following documents for nomination:
- Letter of Nomination
- Nominee’s Recent Passport-sized Photo
- Nominee’s Comprehensive Resume
- Nominee’s Acceptance/Written Consent to be Nominated
- List of Nominee’s Publications (Include DOIs/URLs)
- List of Nominee’s Awards (Include Dates of Awards and Award-Giving body)
- Supporting Documents (Refer to the award categories for details)
To facilitate the review of the documents, please rename the documents as follows:
«Award Category»_«Lastname»«Intials»_«Document Filename».«Filetype»
Description: Use a short description/keywords to describe the document
Filetype: Use commonly used filetypes for documents, spreadsheets, presentations, pictures/images, music or videos